Latest Posts

Percy Jackson: The Lightning Thief

By 12:22 pm


Rick Riordan 

Percy Jackson is about to be kicked out of boarding school...again. And that's the least of his troubles when a demon that use to be his teacher claims he stole the lightning bolt. Lately, mythological monsters and the gods of Mount Olympus seem to be walking straight out of the pages of Percy's Greek mythology textbook and into his life. And worse, he's angered a few of them. Zeus' master lightning bolt has been stolen, and Percy is the prime suspect.

Review - No spoilers 

Percy Jackson will be one of the best Greek Mythology books you'll ever read. There isn't one word that can describe this book. Epic, awesome, wow are the sort of words that come to mind when you read this series. This book I think was aimed for mainly boys but the writer did such a great job that he got heaps of fan-girls (including me!) For me, I think that Percy Jackson is the book you read if you want some of the best action scenes.

You don't have to have prior knowledge about Greek Mythology before reading this book, in fact you learn heaps about it just reading this book. I didn't know anything beforehand but now I can name most (not including minor gods) Greek Gods. Percy Jackson is the book to introduce you into Greek Mythology.
Another thing is, this book isn't just for young people. Adults can enjoy this book as well.
I GIVE IT:
This a magazine cover I had to do for an English assignment ages ago. Thought I might add it on here.


0 comments