Latest Posts

Sweet Peril (The Sweet Trilogy #2)

By 8:31 pm

By Wendy Higgins 


GoodReads Summary -
Embrace Your Destiny
Anna Whitt, the daughter of a guardian angel and a demon, promised herself she’d never do the work of her father—polluting souls. She’d been naive to make such a vow. She’d been naive about a lot of things.

Haunted by demon whisperers, Anna does whatever she can to survive, even if it means embracing her dark side and earning an unwanted reputation as her school’s party girl. Her life has never looked more bleak. And all the while there’s Kaidan Rowe, son of the Duke of Lust, plaguing her heart and mind.

When an unexpected lost message from the angels surfaces, Anna finds herself traveling the globe with Kopano, son of Wrath, in an attempt to gain support of fellow Nephilim and give them hope for the first time. It soon becomes clear that whatever freedoms Anna and the rest of the Neph are hoping to win will not be gained without a fight. Until then, Anna and Kaidan must put aside the issues between them, overcome the steamiest of temptations yet, and face the ultimate question: is loving someone worth risking their life?

Review - No Spoilers 

Ok, wow I just finished this book and it was so good. Exactly what I wanted for a sequel and it's sad that I'll have to wait till next year for the next book as I think the next events that will take place will be more exciting and suspenseful. 

To start off this review I'm going to start off with the cover, it's not the most amazing cover I have ever seen. The two are supposed to be Kaidan and Anna but they're not really who I pictured. I'm not trying to be a hater here but Kaidan is meant to be hotter than that so the cover didn't really do him justice. The girl is meant to show Anna's determination but to me she just looks like she is glaring at us.
Moving on, I found Anna's character slightly annoying with her obsession with Kaidan. I'm not saying it's a bad thing (because honestly who wouldn't get caught up over such a hot guy like that) I just found a little too much at times. But with all that he was her motivation to grow stronger which I love. Nothing pleases me more than when the female character is strong and can fight back. 

Without trying to spoil too much, in the first book we get a growing sense of a love triangle. This love triangle becomes much more stronger in this book and I find this slightly annoying. I'm growing tired of all these love-triangles in Romance books, I just feel like Authors can't find a better idea. I agree it builds up more tension but it's just becoming too common. And it makes me think, are people really like this in real life?

I loved the layout of this book, the author puts quotes at various points throughout the book and It's just a little refreshing to get away form the story for a few brief moments. It's like it gives you time for your mind to catch up and absorb what's happening. I don't think I have ever commented on this before but I love the title. It just describes the book in two words. 

I can't complete this review without commenting on this last major factor. The intense heated scenes throughout this book will leave you hyperventilating on the floor. This book is definitely swoon-worthy and I'd say that Sweet Evil the first book was seductive this book was just plain sexy. 

I GIVE IT:

 

0 comments