Latest Posts

{Short Review} Crescendo by Becca Fitzpatrick

By 8:45 pm


Goodreads Description -

Nora Grey's life is still far from perfect. Surviving an attempt on her life wasn't pleasant, but at least she got a guardian angel out of it. A mysterious, magnetic, gorgeous guardian angel. But despite his role in her life, Patch has been acting anything but angelic. He's more elusive than ever (if that's possible) and what's worse, he seems to be spending time with Nora's archenemy, Marcie Millar.

Nora would have hardly noticed Scott Parnell, an old family friend who has moved back to town, if Patch hadn't been acting so distant. Even with Scott's totally infuriating attitude, Nora finds herself drawn to him - despite her lingering feelings that he is hiding something.

If that weren't enough, Nora is haunted by images of her murdered father, and comes to question whether her Nephilim bloodline has anything to do with his death. Desperate to figure out what happened, she puts herself in increasingly dangerous situations to get the answer. But maybe some things are better left buried, because the truth could destroy everything - and everyone - she trusts.

Review - No Spoilers 

I just can't get enough of this series! As soon as I finished Hush Hush I was calling my friend asking whether I could borrow the next two books off her. I am so glad I bought the last one for only $1.50 when I did because I wasn't going too because I had never read the series before. (Thank God I never turn down a bargain) 


Downside  

Even though I loved Nora in the first novel I just found her really annoying in this one. From page one I just felt like I wanted to bang my head against the wall. Okay you know how in YA, the main girl always gets angsty? THAT'S EXACTLY WHAT HAPPENED! I just don't know what happened to the Nora I liked in the first book. It just felt like all rational thought left her mind. She was just too stubborn and didn't give people the chance to talk to her properly, she would just block them out. (Literally) This whole book could have been solved if it weren't for the miscommunication between her and Patch. Just saying...



This book still suffered the no-parent syndrome, in fact I think it got worse. (If that's even possible) My friend and I got into a discussion about how life can never be this exciting like it is in these books because parents would obviously get in the way! Like c'mon, you couldn't do half the stuff they do. 

Upside

The plot definitely improved from the last one. So much more happened and there were more life threatening situations that just kept me on the edge of my seat. The were major plot twists and I just felt like this book turned into more of a mystery than anything. Nora was forced to play detective (or spy) to unravel the truth about her past.  

Overall 

I loved this book even though it had major flaws. I don't think it completely lived up to the first book but it wasn't a major dissapointment either. I'm definitely going to continue the series so expect another review in a couple of days. Actually would you prefer it if I just did a whole series review or a review for every individual book? Your choice!  


2 comments

  1. I've heard so many good things about this series that I feel like I should read it at some point! But I do feel the storyline appears quite cliché with angels featuring - I've just read quite a few angel books in the past! Is it cliché or does it differ to the average angel book? I HATE it when characters go from being one thing in book one to something completely different in book two! They usually turn all paranoid and whiny - and act really irrationally like you've stated!

    I'm still glad you enjoyed it overall though - great review! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Shame the main character became annoying! But glad it was overall good!

    ReplyDelete