Latest Posts

TBR Book Tag

By 8:51 am

It seems to be tag season since all these tags are floating around the blogosphere at the moment. But hey, at least it gives us blogger something to do other than the usual memes and reviews. So I was tagged by Kelly over at Diva Book Nerd and Jeann and Michelle at Happy Indulgence. (Make sure to check out their awesome blogs)


For those of you who don't know, TBR stands for to-be-read!

How do you keep track of your TBR pile?
I mainly use Goodreads since it's just so easy to keep track of all your books. Especially when your tbr gets so large that it's over a 100 novels. Physical book wise, I tend to keep all the books that I haven't read in one row on my shelf just so it's easier when I want to pick out my next book. 

(Pssst, I'm debating between World After and Heir of Fire, is there a chance you can help me out?)

Is your TBR mostly printed or eBook?
eBook for sure. There are hundreds (maybe even thousands) of books I want to read but obviously you need money to fund this. Which I don't have...But things are starting to look up as I have a job now!

How do you determine which book from your TBR to read next?
That's a hard question because there is no specific answer. It usually depends on my mood and what genre I feel like. Also whether I have the book or it's in the library depends on it. I try to stay away from eBooks because I don't have a kindle and reading on your iPhone is not ideal!

A book that's been on your TBR list the longest?
Let's take a quick trip to Goodreads. Drum roll please!


I no longer have the desire to read this as much as I did a year and a half ago.

A book on your TBR strictly because of it's beautiful cover?
Honestly I was scrolling through my tbr and I couldn't find anything! It's a great reminder that there are some shocking covers out there for really great stories. I don't know why I really like this colour but I really like the gold and blue together.


A book on your TBR that you never plan on reading?
I received Zac & Mia for review last year but it got so many negative reviews that it turned me off. I don't think I'll ever read it now and also I lent it to a friend and they never returned it.

An unpublished book on your TBR that you're excited for?
That would have to be Blood of Olympus by Rick Riordan. I have been anticipating this for a whole year and my excitement still hasn't died down. It's the final instalment to The Heroes of Olympus series and I've already pre-ordered it in hardcover!!! 

A book on your TBR that basically everyone has read but you?
I swear everyone has read this book but me! Apparently it's every fangirls bible. Can you guess it? Yep it's the one and only Fangirl by Rainbow Rowell. I bought this a while ago and I still haven't read it, I'm putting it off because I'm worried that the hype will ruin it.


A book on your TBR that everyone recommends you?
A novel that I get recommended quite often is Pushing the Limits. I haven't read this series but definitely want to. It's just a matter of buying the books.

A book on your TBR that you're dying to read?
Heir of Fire. It's weird I received this book a while ago from Bloomsbury Aus but I always put off reading this series. I know it's amazing and the Throne of Glass series is one of my faves but it always takes me a while to read the novels. I don't doubt Sarah J Maas's abilities to bring yet another action packed novel.

How many books on your Goodreads TBR shelf?
394 (Lol! Turn to page 394...only some will get that reference) Ahhhh I think my TBR shelf needs a little cleaning out. (Just a little :P)



I'm Tagging

Kayla @ The Bookish Owl





9 comments

  1. Yay, glad to see you did this tag Francoise! I'm enjoying reading people's thoughts on it. Both World After and Heir of Fire are fantastic, although I'd probably recommend HoF over it seeing as everyone else is talking about it at the moment.


    The Chaos of the Stars cover is utterly beautiful, but I was so disappointed while reading it that I swapped it away lol. No regrets there.


    I need to read the Heroes of Olympus series, especially since the last book is coming out! Definitely read Fangirl, it was a great book.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this post, and thank you for tagging me!! Can't wait to do this!!:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I swear goodreads is a lifesaver for us book lovers and bloggers! You're obviously very smart because I just add books and it was only now that I realised I had so many. I think a TBR spring cleaning is in order.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haha don't worry! I thought since you've only just re-entered the blogosphere, you may need some posts to get you back into the swing of things.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yeah I think I should read HoF because it's so large and it'll take some time. Also it's a review book I need to get around to and nearly everyone has read it already!!! I need to catch up.


    Yeah I wish The Chaos of Stars was better, I saw your review on goodreads. The summary and the cover made the book look so promising.


    You HAVE to read The Heroes of Olympus series because it is so amazing! No words can describe how much I love Rick Riordan's writing. Please tell me you've read Percy Jackson? I'll definitly get onto Fangirl.


    Thanks for the comment lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh god I used to just add books and then I realised I didn't even remember what half of them were about or why I'd added them so I deleted all the ones I couldn't remember and tried to order them in preference (I was sick this day so I just spent ages on line fixing my e-bookshelf) and just read it down a little before building it back up. :) And I'm on 200 TBR books! But I had read it down to about 160. Good luck with the clearing/cleaning of the TBR shelf!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awww, thanks for tagging me! I'm definitely looking forward to doing this tag. The questions look awesome! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm not really a fan of Fangirl or Pushing The Limits but I hope you enjoy them if you read them! :D
    Thanks for tagging me!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hahaha omg my TBR pile is just as deadly as yours! I've finally gotten around to Fangirl but have been putting it off as well because of the hype. Liking it so far though! The Chaos of Stars is beauuuuutiful! I want to stroke the cover a lot. And you need to read Heir of Fire ASAP! Sooo good!

    ReplyDelete