Latest Posts

The Selection

By 10:37 pm

By Kiera Cass 


35 girls are selected for a chance of a lifetime. They have the chance to marry the prince and live in a world of luxury. This opportunity means they can escape the barrier that is set by each caste. But America Singer does not wish any for any of these things as her heart belongs to another. But the weight of her family situation pushes her to reconsider her decision.  
.


Review - No Spoiler 

The Selection was a cute book. I was sick all day so I was able to read it in one day. It's not one of my favourite books, maybe because I didn't feel like there wasn't enough of a problem to keep me interested. To me a good book there has to be a major problem or scenario that they have to try and fix. And there has to be an intense scene whether it would be a fight or major suspense. Those are the sort of books that keep me interested. Some of you may disagree and say there is a problem in this book but it didn't do it for me. It just doesn't meet my expectations. Everyone has a different opinion on each book I guess and this is mine. Maybe I didn't like it as it was basically all romance and I'm use to Paranormal Romances where there's usually vampires and werewolves and there's always a fight. If I could explain this book in one word it would have to be 'cute.'

It wasn't exactly cliche to me. I was expecting a different ending but I guess I need to read the next book to determine whether my suspicions are correct. It was a nice quick read to keep me occupied during the day but like I said, not one of my favourites. I just expected a little more intense scenes.

I love the cover, every time I see it, it immediately draws my attention. I love the colours and the pose in which the girl is in creates a sort of mysterious sort of effect. *round of applause* 

I think you'll enjoy this book if you like the princess story-lines and this was slightly Dystopian which is another factor I liked. It is easy to understand the different castes and I adore the characters. To me this book was very well written and I enjoyed it nevertheless.

I GIVE IT:

1 comments

  1. I haven't read this one but I'm always interested because the cover is so gorgeous!! Too bad it didn't meet your expectation... But anyway, I already knew that this is gonna be mostly romance cause of the cover. Thanks for sharing your review! :D

    ReplyDelete